X-Men Blue #8
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artists: Cory Smith & Joey Vazquez
Inker: Terry Pallot
Colorist: Matt Milla
A SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN! Continuing the events of the last issue, Cyclops, Angel, Beast, and Iceman have all been captured by Havok and his squad of former X-allies and taken to New Tian, the so-called Safe Haven for mutants governed over by Xorn and Emma Frost. Marvel Girl and Jimmy Hudson (mistakenly believed to have perished in the attack) find unexpected help in getting their friends back.
What you’ll find out: With a combination of Jean’s TK shielding and Jimmy Hudson taking the brunt of Havok’s attack, they explode from underground having saved themselves from the devastation. Magneto’s safe house has been destroyed and all of their teammates, including Briar Raleigh, are gone. As they regroup, a voice from above calls to them, stating that their friends are being tracked and offers transportation to go get them. Actually, the “transportation” is speaking to them. It is the Blackbird. Shocked, the two agree and head off.
What worked for me and what didn’t:
The art team did very well this issue. The double page spread of the “X-Men” coming to rescue Jean and Jimmy was great fun to see (and what a fantastic lineup!) Many of the facial expressions by various characters were spot on.
Final thought: After last issue’s success, X-Men Blue #8 offers a fantastic second installment to this adventure!
- With a Name Like Sovereign… (Justice League #30 Comic Review) - October 6, 2017
- Varsity vs JV (Avengers #672 Comic Review) - October 5, 2017
- “Insert Name Here” (Avengers #11 Comic Review) - October 3, 2017
- Time Can Be Rewritten (Faith and the Future Force #3 Comic Review) - October 2, 2017
- Creepy Clowns And The Apocalypse (War Mother #2 Comic Review) - October 2, 2017