The Shadow #1
Written by Si Spurrier & Dan Watters
Illustrated by Daniel HDR
Colored by Natalia Marques
Lettered by Simon Bowland
What you need to know:
The Shadow a man of mystery is back and rebooted after his orginal debut back in the 1930’s in pulp novels, the man in a black trench coat and hat with a vivid red scarf floating in the wind, what lies behind the dark eyes of this vigilante.
What just happened
The 1st issue is very smart I almost didn’t figure out where it was leading until a few pages before the end, the stage is set a Nurse telling a burnt out shell of a man a story.
The story is set many years ago two students snap and blame the world for all their trouble and start shooting up a school the nurse happened to go to this school and was a hostage facing down the barrel of a gun.
The shadow a man who clearly knows that he is one with the dark, he clearly does what he has to in achieving what he feels is right to save the hostages.
I got to say I think am hooked already nothing beats a character who is as dark as the villains he is taking on. The art is amazing everything looks real and feels like it could happen in everyday life.
The story as the perfect blend of clever dialogue and action to pull you in, I enjoy the nurse telling the story of the past and how it affects the now, the little twist at the end has me grasping for more of the Shadow and where has he been.
- How Dare You Wear His Skin? (The Shadow #3 Comic Review) - October 21, 2017
- Sapienter Elige (Misfit City #6 Comic Review) - October 20, 2017
- We need Megazord Power! (Go Go Power Rangers #4 Comic Review) - October 19, 2017
- Prison Breaks and Mistrust on Cybertron (First Strike #5 Comic Review) - October 13, 2017
- It’s all in the mind (Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps #30 Comic Review) - October 12, 2017