Harley Quinn #26
Writers: Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
Art: John Timms
Colorist: Alex Sinclair
Cover: Amanda Conner and Alex Sinclair
Variant: Frank Cho and Sabine Rich
Synopsis: In this issue, we go back and forth between the events that happened at Harley Quinn’s birthday party and to being interrogated at the police station. This is the second part of the Surprise, Surprise Arc which is special since it is almost Harley Quinn’s 25th anniversary!
What You’ll Need To Know: We had just finished a shoot out with The Unconquerable 25, assassins sent to kill Harley at her birthday party!! Big Tony is shot, (in the arm luckily, but at the peril of his favorite leather jacket). Poison Ivy and Catwoman come to Harley’s aid with taking down the assassins. It’s rad as hell seeing The Gotham City Sirens together like I said before! Powergirl had made a brief appearance in the last issue, but is not part of this fight. Harley has always felt like the mayor has had it out for her, so we’ll so how that plays out.
What You’ll Find Out: Harley is quite pissed off about her party being crashed by assassins. Especially ones who threaten her friends! Harley Sinn is still locked up in the basement of Madame Macabre’s museum, but weasels her way out into the battle. Can she be any help to the po-po and find out who was trying to kill Harley Quinn? She has been a pain in the ass thus far, so we’ll see what tricks she has up her sleeve.
Final Thoughts: It was a gritty, action packed issue! I love fight scenes, but I’m also kind of a gore-buff, so I loved seeing people being slaughtered for a fight they picked!
- But I didn’t like her attitude, so here we are (Red Hood and The Outlaws #16 Comic Review) - November 10, 2017
- Political Corruption (Harley Quinn #31 Comic Review) - November 9, 2017
- Astonishing Shadow King! (Astonishing X-men #5 Comic Review) - November 3, 2017
- No Dogs Were Harmed In The Rescue of Daken (All-New Wolverine #26 Comic Review) - October 26, 2017
- The Harley Primary! (Harley Quinn #30 Comic Review) - October 19, 2017