In response to the Las Vegas shootings earlier this month, Image Comics has several of its talented creators to bring together an anthology to benefit the victims and survivors of the tragedy.
The current line-up includes JH Williams III, Wendy Wright-Williams, Scott Allie, Dave Stewart, and Image Comics’ Publisher, Eric Stephenson, with proceeds being donated to an existing GoFundMe.
“On October 1, 2017, Las Vegas, Nevada suffered the worst mass shooting in modern American history, resulting in 58 deaths and over 500 injured. It broke my heart. Las Vegas is my home,” said Williams. “I felt like something needed to be done to help in a unique way.”
Williams is a resident of Vegas, and was one of the many creators came to by Stephenson personally in order to do something to benefit the tragic event.
Where We Live will include a variety of perspectives and ideologies, including ideas of compassionate societies, mental health stigmatization, access to healthcare, and gun violence. The NRA will receive recognition as well as the importance of the second amendment to gun owners, creating a piece that will serve as a discussion and recognition of everything loss.
In December of 2016, DC teamed with IDW in order to release Love is Love, a similar anthologies which benefitted the victims of Orlando.
“With this book, titled Where We Live, our hope is to not only help those in need after this tragic event,” Williams said, “but to also somehow start a real conversation on avenues for preventing this sort of violence from happening again in the future. We ask that you join us in this effort.”
- Spoilers for Arkham Knight. (The Batman Who Laughs #1 Comic Review) - November 15, 2017
- Shoot the Breeze News Wrap-Up for 11/14/17 - November 15, 2017
- PROMETHEUS 4: THE PROMETHEUS-ING (Justice League of America #18 Comic Review) - November 10, 2017
- Why are you negative all the time? (Flash #34 Comic Review) - November 9, 2017
- Kill again, Batman. Kill again (Batman: The Devastator #1 Comic Review) - November 1, 2017