THR has announced that Grimm actress Elizabeth “Bitsie” Tulloch will pick up her press pass and take on the role of Lois Lane for The DCTV/CW crossover this December.
Tulloch joins the elite sorority of actresses who have taken the First Lady of DC Comics to non-animated adaptations.
Past actress includes:
- Joan Alexander: The voice of the very first Lois Lane adaptation in The Adventures of Superman, which aired on radio from 1940 to 1951
- Noel Neill: The first actress to portray Lois onscreen. She starred in a 15-chapter film serial in 1948 and again in Atom Man vs. Superman. The actress also starred in the 1950s TV series Adventures of Superman.
- Phyllis Coates: Coates starred in the first TV show adaptation of Superman from 1952 to 1953.
- Margot Kidder: Arguably the most famous Lois Lane actress, Kidder starred opposite Christopher Reeve’s Superman in 1978’s Superman and would reprise the part in the movie’s three sequels.
- Teri Hatcher: Hatcher played Lois opposite Dean Cain’s Superman in the ’90s TV show Lois & Clark.
- Erica Durance: Durance played the Lois in the hit TV show Smallville.
- Kate Bosworth: Played Lois opposite Brandon Routh in 2006’s Superman Returns.
- Amy Adams: Took up the role in 2013’s Man of Steel and would reprise the role in 2016’s Batman vs Superman and 2017’s Justice League.